Efforts to use the produce from our CSA in a timely manner continues with this quick and easy Eggplant Parmesan. We enjoyed this meal very much! The recipe I used actually intended these eggplants to be eaten as an appetizer or side dish, dipped in marinara sauce. But we skipped the finger-food method and just loaded them on top of some angle hair pasta and marinara (admittedly, out of a jar) and wa-la! Dinner is served!
1 medium graffiti eggplant, cut into 1/4″ slices (Or any other variety of eggplant.)
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1/2 c. of breadcrumbs
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 t. Italian spices
Garlic salt, to taste
Ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a cookie sheet in foil and spray with Pam (or grease with butter).
2. Slice eggplant into 1/4″ inch slices, lay out on a paper towel, and pat dry with another paper towel. Season both sides of the slices with pepper and garlic salt.
3. In a small bowl, mix the grate Parmesan, breadcrumbs, and Italian spices. Put egg white in another small bowl.
4. Dip eggplant slices into the egg white, then into the breadcrumb mix. Place slices on the cookie sheet.
5. Bake 12-15 or until eggplant is tender. Serve over or next to pasta with marinara sauce. Enjoy!
(Recipe via Pinot to Pampers.)